HUBS After School Program Kicks Butt!!!

The Hub is a tree.  We have the roots which are represented by the Providence After School Alliance (PASA) where we get the foundation and support for the rest of our tree.  JSEC offers after-school programs through PASA to ensure the best after  school experience for students in our high school.  The Hub Office is located in room 30 at JSEC  or as referred to in this article: the trunk of the tree.   Students can go there to receive any information they may need to be a participant of this exponentially growing tree.  The branches of the tree offers great variety of programs available for students.  The programs are free of charge.  There are many options to choose from like being creative in the Open Art program, to training your muscles and getting in shape in the Teen Workout program.  Students can also try programs like the Young Voices Program which is a youth leadership program or the Ink Program which is a program for T-shirt printing lovers.  The Hub has worked hard and will continue to work hard to give you whatever experience you may want in an afterschool program. 

Teen Workout Program
Last but not least, we have the leaves represented by the students that grow in each program daily.  Each student has an option to select which branch they would like to be a part of.  The knowledge is represented by the fruit that grows on the tree. This fruit will never rot as these skills will follow the participants for the rest of their lives.  If you are interested in becoming part of this tree to gain real world skills, we recommend you stop by the Hub office and we will be glad to help.  The Hub welcomes glad to help.
The Hub Recruitment Fair was held early in the first semester , September 14, 2017, from 12:45-2:30pm in the JSEC Cafeteria.
Self-Defense Boxing Program
All JSEC students had the opportunity to check out some pretty amazing afterschool programs, register for them, get lots of information about them, and meet the instructors of the programs that will be offered.
Any student who would like to participate in a program should see Mr. Graham Maione, the HUBs Afterschool Program Director.  He has an office located on the JSEC side of the building on the first floor and applications and program information may be found there.
 Build a Bike Program
All students are more than encouraged to enroll and the best thing about the programs are they are FREE.  What better way to spend your time afterschool than in a program that is interesting, fun, creative, and on top of that an awesome way to meet new friends.