Principals Leadership Program Paving Pathways…2018 Bigger & Better Than Ever!!!

Aremelic Oquendo, Journalist

The Principals Leadership Program (PLP) is also known as the student council.  The PLP is in charge of making sure that the school is running well.   It is overseen by Mr. Or,  Ms. Testa, & Ms. Pinto and is run by student leaders in the school.  The great part about this program is that things are viewed through the vantage point of teenagers, actual JSEC students, and their perspective is taken into account.  To become part of the PLP students should speak to one of the JSEC Administrators and usually they give the green light for students to apply.  Before students think about applying they should really make sure they have enough time to commit to the program, because the program has many programs that assist the JSEC Community but are time consuming.This year the Prinicipals Leadership Program is focused on the 4 pathways and are developing ways each one can be improved.  The program meets about twice a week.   The issues the PLP is focusing on as of late are:

*Improving the school lunches

• Addressing students who are tardy to school
  • Addressing students who are absent from school
  • Bringing together our neighboring school, 360, and JSEC
  • Developing & improving the 4 pathways 

Biotechnology has applications in four major industrial areas, including health care (medical), crop production and agriculture, non food (industrial) uses of crops and other products and environmental uses.

Community development is a way of strengthening civil society by prioritizing the actions of communities, and their perspectives in the development of social, economic and environmental policy. It seeks the empowerment of local communities, taken to mean both geographical communities, communities of interest or identity and communities organizing around specific themes or policy initiatives.

Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. Unlike electrical and computer engineers, computer scientists deal mostly with software and software systems; this includes their theory, design, development, and application.

Global studies

The JSEC PLP students would like the students of JSEC to know that we are trying to make improvements at JSEC each time we meet.  We want this to be a place where all students can get involved at some level.

In closing it is of utmost importance that each student meet with their Advisor and/or Guidance Counselor to ensure they are on one of the pathways.  We feel that the pathways are a great way for us to have direction, ideas, and goals for our futures.  “High School can be a scary time, many of us have no clue what we are going to do after graduation.  Travelling down any one of the pathways will at least give us more opportunities”-Renny Adames JSEC Junior

Becoming part of programs such as the PLP is important and being part being part of changes.  We hope that more and more JSEC students become involved regardless of what grade your in.  Please see a teacher, administrator, or better yet another PLP member for more information.