Ty’Relle Stephens energizes participants @ the New Skills for Youth Conference

Back to Article
Back to Article

On 4/24  Ty’Relle Stephens of JSEC attended the a regional meeting called New Skills for Youth–Spring Convening which was  held at the Providence Marriot.  The day which consisted of a breakfast along with several speeches from presenters from all over the United States. Ty’Relle was given the honor of being the Opening Speaker for the Conference. He opened up the Conference with opening welcoming remarks which were well received by all participants. Ty’Relle was there with his mentor who shadowed him for an entire day at JSEC about 2 months ago.  His mentor is from RIDE and the shadowing experience gave insight to a ‘day in the life of a JSEC student’.  During the shadowwing they had the opportunity to see and experience the day to day activities, classes, meetings, and even at lunch in the JSEC Cafetorium.

Overall this conference was to promote opportunities to youth.  Ty’Relle made our school proud by being the only student in Providence to attend the Conference.  Furthermore he presented with ease and showcased the many great things that are available for teens in the Providence Community.