Kindness Crew Hits a ‘Renassiance’ Senior Center to Spread Kindness

Mckenzie Pizarro, Journalist

On November 27th, 2019, The JSEC Kindness Crew hits once again by walking over to the Renaissance Center.  The Kindness Crew reunited with our Providence Community.  At least 30, yes 30 members of the Kindness Crew trekked across the neighborhood and joined together to spreadkindness throughout our community.  Not only did we have kindness, we brought hugs, posters, munchkins, and a huge amount of joy.  The adults that were in the Senior Center gave us so much love and support and of course some returned kindness.

We entered, spoke to dozens of adults/seniors, shared stories, sang songs and even danced.  It was so much fun and this brought out so much happiness in us and also in our audience in which some even shed a tear or two of happiness.  After this day the Kindness crew received recognition from the Rhode Island Department of Education.  http://www.icontact-archive.com/archive?c=1656468&f=15845&s=19474&m=162823&t=201b42cdf026382d723b990b9e37b5c224f918696fed1e9314734d08c56446d9​

The story summary in RIDE: ”

Educator Excellence

2. #TeachersLeadRI

Shout-out to the students and staff at the Juanita Sanchez Educational Complex that are members of the Kindness Crew. On Wednesday, November 13, in honor of World Kindness Day, they were out spreading joy to the folks at the Renaissance Adult Day Health Care Center. A little kindness goes a long way and kudos to this kindness crew, led by social worker Rose Molina, for embracing kindness today and every day. #JSECKindnessCrew

We must remember to always be kind to one another, especially throughout this sometimes stressful holiday season.  The Holiday Season is about many and different things to many people and being kind should always be the common denominator with everything.   With small acts of kindess we hope to bring love and smiles to the community and the world.