JSEC Ladies Tear Up The Runway In Style

Alondra Pena & Noelya Batista, Journalists

JSEC LADIES TEAR UP THE RUNWAY

What is a beauty pageant and just how did our JSEC ladies tear up the runway ?   A beauty pageant or beauty contest is a competition that has traditionally focused on judging and ranking the physical attributes of the contestants.  Some think its something for arrogant people.   Some call contestants:  ‘stuck-up’, ‘cocky’  ‘full of  ‘themselves’ etc…..but I can attest these stereotypes do not fit.

What do you think about beauty pageants ? All bout beauty huh ? WRONG.
There’s more to it , but you know who could tell you more about them?  Some of our JSEC girls Noelya Batista , Luz Lozada, Andreisy Tavarez, and Alondra Pena recently participated in a pageant last week.   The name of the pageant was Miss Hispanos Unidos 2018, and the pageant was held at PCTA.  The age range of the there were girls varied from 5 year olds to 18 year olds.
There were two winners for each category, there were girls that came in first place and  second place.The categories were Infant, Juvenile, Junior, Miss, Pre-teen, Teen, and Jr. Miss.  If a girl won they would receive a crown and a stash with their title on it, for  example; Our very own Noelya Batista, won her title as Miss Hispanos Unidos 2018 and Andreisy Tavarez won Pre-Teen Hispanos Unidos 2018.   Congratulations to both of these students!

To see video of the pageant please click link below:

When we all told our friends they just wished us good luck, and showed all their support. In my opinion one of the scariest thing about a pageant is standing in front of a huge crowd, because you’re standing in front of people you don’t know and you try so hard to not mess up on your speaking or walking.

Now that you know  what a pageant is let me give some opinions from our  experience Well to start off It’s not always about winning , before the pageant we all went through ups and downs , all it did was bring us closer , sure everyone gets a little selfish the big day I mean it is a competition.  We didn’t only learn how to speak in front of big crowds , how to better our walks , we learned about sisterhood, how we have to come together and help one another.

All though the pageant was very competitive, at the end of the day it was a very fun experience for us, we got to help each other build more confidence in ourselves and learn more about each other.  We are all very happy to have competed and also feel proud to all represented ourselves and  JSEC  in the pageant.