The JSEC Cavalier Chronicle

The student news site of Juanita Sanchez Educational Complex

The JSEC Cavalier Chronicle

The JSEC Cavalier Chronicle

POLL

Have you seen a positive change since the use of Yond'r Pouches for phone storage?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

JSEC Wins At HOSA State-Wide BioMedical Competition

JSEC’s BIGGEST WIN YET!!!

On Friday, March 1st, 2024, JSEC students attended a statewide biomedical competiton hosted by Johnson and Wales University.  Students left JSEC promptly at 8:15AM and arrived at the Johnson & Wales Conference Center by 8:45AM.  Student brought with them all their projects, posters, medical equipment, and Chromebooks which they later set up to present in front of a panel of judges.  Students had a nervous type of energy that was filled with excitment.  Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA) is the organization who oversees the event and offers scholarships to all winners.  Additionally students who win and even attend are eligible to attend the National Championship Competition in late June.  This year’s National State Championships will be held in Austin Texas.

Students prepared for months to compete with other schools whose projects were all to demonstrate aspects of the biomedical field and careers associated with them.  The following students attended the competition and are shining JSEC stars:

Angel Nunez
Richlet Oren
Arodis Maldanado
Naiomy Maldanado
Aidile Gomes
Andriena Ramos
Jenifer Jimon
Heidy Tipaz
Raquel Ortiz
Josline S. Soberanis
Angelly Cruz
Katrina Alvarado
Jaya Richards
Arianna O
Erica Cortez
Melany Reyes
Angelly Cruz
Veasna Yean
Josmeily Minier
Jerimiah Cabrera
Jziah Kilgore
Michell Castaneda
Lesly Guzman
Mary Moore
Miriah Johnson
Sanaii barros
Ananda Britto
Franchelly Dermiranda
Liz Francisco
Victor Urizar
Tiffany Hyunh
Nehemia Etando
JSEC Administration, Teachers, Partners, Community Leaders are all super proud of this Team and funding has been set aside for our JSEC students to attend the Nationals in June.  JSEC received 5 awards at the competition.  We have seen significant growth of the Biomedical Program, spearheaded by Mrs. Chisholm.  We will be progressing and growing even more with JSEC’s 2024-2025 expansion and Redesign Plan.
Congrats to JSEC for continueing to shine brightly and best of luck to all students who will be attending the HOSA National Convention, in Texas, the last week of June, 2024.