JSEC’s Spooktacular Spirits Spread Kindness & Fun

Newspaper Staff, Journalist

JSEC has begun 1st quarter with many activities and events that are promoting positive school culture and climate.  This week students, led by the Senior Class President Ty’Relle Stephens, are celebrating it’s first ever Spooky Week.  The week will  include:

WEDNESDAY: Best Costume Contest

THURSDAY: Best Story Contest

FRIDAY: Best Door Contest

SUMMARY OF WEEK                 DOOR CONTEST       STORY CONTEST             COSTUME CONTEST

The energy was very high around school watching students coming in an a wide-array of costumes which included: a pickle, witchesST, warlocks, cheerleaders, barbie dolls, rappers, soldiers, super heroes, goblins, cats, referees, and many many more.   Throughout the day students loved seeing their classmates dressed up as something different, out of the ordinary, and in some pretty amazing costumes.  Students took more photos and selfies than on an average day and no Snapchat was needed; however, students most definitely shared out on social media throughout the day.   On the end of day on October 31st, we had a Halloween Costume Contest run by Ms. Testa, Ms. Monge, Ms. Heald, Ms. Gormley, Ms. Schmidt, Ms. Parks, & Mr. Moreau served as the MC’.

The Halloween Costume Contest gave the chance for each student to walk a runway, to show off their costumes.  They were introduced by name and what their costume was then allowed to walk by the judges.  After each student walked by then the judges had some tough decisions to make.  The 3 categories were: Most Creative, Scariest, and Crowd Favorite.  Check out those who entered the Halloween Costume Contest:

——————————————————————————————————————————————

CONTESTANTS FOR HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST 2018-2019

,               

In addition to the many Halloween related events Ms. Zolli had her class work on a few Halloween related projects with her students including creating a “Witches Brew”.  The week leading up to Halloween she had her students create pumpkin houses using basic geometric terms to create not only houses but also a neighborhood of haunted houses.  Both projects were a lot of fun and students really enjoyed this project because they used Halloween treats in their construction and creations.

HALLOWEEN VILLAGE CREATION        WITCHES BREW                           HALLOWEEN SELFIES

Then our Newspaper Staff patrolled the school and round that the Halloween Spirit was throughout the school, everyone seemed to be in a great mood and enjoying the day.  Some students even mentioned due to this weeks events that they were even more excited about our upcoming Pep Rally.   The day wasn’t a day about evil spirits, rather it was a day to pretend to be another person, character, and in some cases objects.  It was a day to unify the school and others to laugh with each other and have fun.  Please check out these other photos of groups/people who also got into the our Spooky Spirit Week:

Here’s to everyone having a fun, friendly, and safe Holiday Season.  We know to many Halloween starts off our calendars for our upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays.  Giving, sharing, caring, and looking out for each other is so important to each other and remembering the true reason for the season.